One of the most beautiful and pristine islands imaginable.
Lord Howe Island is an extraordinary place where people still ride bicycles, where native Kentia palms and white sand border a mystical lagoon and where the lucid ocean rolls in on Blinky, the fabulous surfing beach.
Lord Howe Island is a beautiful, pristine island, tassled by the most southerly coral reef in the world. It lies in the South Pacific only 700 kilometres north-east of Sydney, or south-east of Brisbane.
Pinetrees Resort Hotel on Lord Howe Island is the ultimate holiday resort catering to only 85 guests. It is situated alongside Lagoon Beach and is in close proximity to Blinky, the surfing beach.
How to get there:
Lord Howe Island is 700 km north-east of Sydney. A two hour flight from Sydney, Brisbane or Port Macquarie takes you to this spectacular world of natural beauty and warm hospitality.
– A guest house for over 100 years, Pinetrees is now the largest hotel on Lord Howe Island, catering to just 85 visitors. It is a single story accommodation in a land studded with magnificent pine trees.
– Accommodation ranges from comfortable motel-style units with ensuites and verandahs right up to the most modern and luxurious Garden Cottages. These cottages are world class and beautifully furnished.
– All units have refrigerators alongwith tea/coffee making facilities.
– Each Garden Cottage has a large master bedroom, a living-dining-kitchen area, a luxurious bathroom with its own private courtyard.
– There is a tennis court, small library, bicycles and billiard room.
Under the Pines is the newest and best of Pinetrees’s motel-style units, well located and larger than the other units. They have fully tiled private facilities, queen size bed and private front verandah.
What attracts visitors to Pinetrees resort?
Lord Howe boasts such spectacular scenery and world class surroundings, that it was one of the first places in the world to acquire a World Heritage listing.
– The lagoon beach is just across the road from Pinetrees Resort for an early morning swim in crystal clear water.
– You are only a short bike ride from the golf course or the bubbly surf at Blinky, or a lazy day at Lovers Bay.
– On the other side there are cafes, museum, bowling clubs, and churches.
– Stretch out on the Old Settlement Beach or check out the Neds Beach where you can hand-feed the fish.
Now isn’t that a wonderful experience!!!!!
Howe’s unique environment of forests and mountains along with the coral reef creates a fascinating transparent lagoon, with a foreshore of beautiful bays and beaches.